The TECC is a key architect and driver of the nation’s most advanced FttH/TP trial. This is the TasCOLT project with partners CEOS, HITACHI, Intel, Aurora and the Tasmanian Government. The project will deliver a trial ultra-fast broadband infrastructure, applications and services for up to 1000 users across three locations in Tasmania.
Since its establishment, the TECC has overseen the distribution of funding support and programme delivery and investment in excess of $35M. This has been funded by federal, state and private sector investment across the range of its activities.
The TECC is a conduit for advanced ICT developments for industry and traditional business, and delivers government programmes.
- A range of programs and products designed to increase the uptake of smart business technologies with a particular focus on the issues facing regional businesses and communities
- An extensive archive of SME case studies.
TECC has extensive networks amongst public and private sector development agencies and organisations.
By identifying and working with key enterprises, sectors, regions and public-sector organisations, the TECC has:
- Increased the digital transformation in rural, regional and remote communities.
- Fostered the development of viable regional clusters.
- Increased the number of opportunities for businesses through electronic enablement of traditional industries.
- Established communities of interest in Broadband, Mobile, Wireless and other emerging technologies.